Coconut Oil Vanilla Lip Balm
- Makes 10-15 tubes.
- 2 tablespoons mango butter or cocoa butter (or blend of both)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax, pastilles or shredded.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
How do you make oil into a balm?
Is there a way to infuse the oil more quickly?
- Place a small saucepan on the stove. …
- Place your herbs and oils in a 16-ounce sterilized glass jar. …
- Put the jar in the water-filled saucepan and simmer on medium-low for 45-60 minutes. …
- When done, strain out the herbs and use the oil to make your balm.
How do you make natural balm?
- In a saucepan, put a few inches of water on low heat. Combine the oils and beeswax in a glass measuring cup. …
- Feel free to add 5–10 drops of an essential oil if you have a favorite. …
- Pour the mixture into containers, and leave the tops off until the balm has cooled and set.
How do you make a balm?
Quote from the video:
Into the oil you're going to put half a cup of. The infused oil that goes into. The oil and I've actually melted the beeswax to get us started.
How do you make skin balm?
- 2 tablespoons beeswax.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon lanolin.
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil.
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil.
- 5 drops calendula essential oil.
- 5 drops chamomile oil or carrot seed oil.
How much beeswax do I add to coconut oil?
After varying levels of success, I settled on working with 8 ounces of beeswax and 8 ounces of coconut oil (8 ounces = 1 cup). The key to good consistency is a 50/50 beeswax/coconut oil mixture. And make sure there is room at the top of the jar so the wax doesn’t overflow when you pour it in.
How do you make homemade pain balm?
- Add the beeswax and coconut oil to a glass bowl and pop it in the microwave.
- Heat these ingredients to melt them.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Add all the essential oils to the melted mixture of beeswax and coconut oil; stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to the glass jar and close the lid.
How do you make a balm or salve?
- Warm oil in double boiler. Add beeswax and stir until melted. …
- Pour the still-warm salve into containers (old jam jars or small metal tins work well). …
- Put the cap on the containers, and store in a dark, cool place.
How do you make natural healing oils?
How to make herb-infused oil:
- Prepare your jar. …
- Fill the jar to the top with herbs.
- Pour oil over the herbs slowly. …
- Cover the jar, give it a few shakes, and put it in a cool place inside your house. …
- Strain the oil into your storage bottles through a cloth-lined strainer. …
- Cork and label your bottles.
How do you make creamy balm?
How to make All Natural Creamy Lip Balm
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax Pellets (10g)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (15g)
- 10 drops of Essential Oil – we used orange.
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba Oil (15g)
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter (15g)
- Lip Balm Containers.
- Glass Dropper.
How do you make ointment without beeswax?
- Place the candelilla wax and shea butter in a heatproof bowl and melt in the water bath. Stir occasionally to speed up the process.
- Once melted, take off the heat and add the elderflower infused oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a tin or glass jar.
- Let cool for 1 hour or until solid.
How do you make homemade ointment?
Quote from the video:
And you need essential oils my basic recipe is use 1 cup of oil. With one ounce of beeswax. Past deals. That's about that's 1 ounce by weight. So that's about 3 tablespoons.
How do you make shea butter?
To make whipped shea butter, melt the shea butter chunks in a double boiler, add essential oils, rosewater, carrier oils, or Vitamin E, and whip the liquid ingredients. Place the butter in the fridge, wait until it solidifies, and whip it again. Store the whipped shea butter in airtight containers.
How do you make turmeric body butter?
Follow these steps:
- Place 16 ounces of turmeric shea butter into a large mixing bowl. …
- Add 3 ounces of melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl. …
- Turn the mixer on low and mix in the coconut oil. …
- Add 3 mL of ginger essential oil and 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder. …
- Use a spoon to transfer the butter into jars.
Can you mix shea butter and coconut oil?
Melt the shea butter and coconut oil together in a microwave safe container. Typically one to three minutes is plenty to get them completely melted. Stir the oil together to make sure they are mixed well.
How do you make aloe vera butter?
*To make aloe vera butter, you will need a little shea butter and approximately three tablespoons of aloe vera gel. *Begin by mixing the two, and keep whisking till the paste becomes pulpy and consistent. Once you are done, place it in a little jar and store it in a cool and dry place for two weeks at least.
Can I mix coconut oil with aloe vera gel?
You can combine aloe vera gel with coconut oil to make a simple yet effective hair mask. Coconut oil may help your hair feel softer and promote strength and shine. It may also help reduce frizziness.
Can I mix aloe vera with shea butter and coconut oil?
Shea Butter alone is a great all-natural moisturizer. Combined with aloe vera gel it’s softer and easier to work with. It can serve as a creamy moisturizer and/or styling product. Feel free to improvise and add your favorite essential oils.
How do you make whipped aloe vera butter?
Weigh the shea butter, aloe butter, avocado oil and tapioca starch, and place into a mixing bowl. Place bowl into the freezer for 2-3mins, then whip again with electric beater for another 2-3 mins, it should now be starting to look like whipped cream if not repeat this step again.
How do you make sea moss body butter?
Quote from the video:
And then we're going to start to break it down by introducing heat if you set this to a low simmer it'll take about 45 minutes to an hour for the moss to completely lose its integrity.
How do you make aloe vera oil with olive oil?
Quote from the video:
Equal amount of the oil. Which is 2 cups of the olive. Oil. You want to cook this on medium to high heat. And you want to keep on mixing.
Can shea butter be mixed with aloe vera?
Shea Butter alone is a great all-natural moisturizer. Combined with aloe vera gel it can be even softer. It can serve as a creamy moisturizer and/or styling product.
How do you make aloe vera ointment?
Make the gel
Once the leaf has been peeled, you will see the natural aloe vera gel. Using a small spoon, scoop it into your blender. Be careful not to include any pieces of the aloe vera skin. Blend the gel until it’s frothy and liquefied, which should only take a few seconds.
Is shea butter good for age spots?
Used topically, Shea Butter is known to be a “skin superfood” that nourishes skin to promote its clarity and addresses problems such as dryness, blemishes, dark spots, discolorations, stretch marks, and wrinkles without clogging pores. … It can ease joint pain and rheumatism, alleviate pain, and reduce stretch marks.